Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 1- Recent picture and 15 facts



I literally took this photo a few minutes ago, and I'm gonna cheat and add another one since my little brother was next to me and we decided to take a few together too...

ANYWHO! Time for the random 15 facts:

1. I love eggs. They are my favorite food. It's especially good with spam, corned beef, or bacon. Or green onions. Or pan de sal. YUM YUM YUM! Now I am drooling.

2. I have always wanted a pet lion. I want to ride on his back and call him/her Aslan. I don't care if people think I'm weird. I'd choose riding on my pet's back anyday; it is way cooler than carrying him in a little purse into the supermarket.

3. I want to name my first son Joshua, for so many reasons. Not only does it mean "God saves" in Hebrew, but when God saved me, the relationship between my little brother Joshua and me became better. Since we have different fathers, there was always a divide between us growing up. Josh and I quickly became very close as brother and sister after Jesus changed my life, so when I see him I am reminded of how good God is, and how I am so very blessed. God can change lives. He changed mine, and so many of my relationships within my family have been restored.

4. I like correct grammar during conversations. It's excusable if it's just typing on the internet. When people use incorrect pronouns after prepositions, it drives me crazy. For instance, "Yeah, between you and I, it was an okay movie." YOU NEVER USE "I" AFTER A PREPOSITION! Why? Because it is a subject pronoun, and the only pronouns that come after prepositions are object pronouns. Does that look like an object pronoun to you? No. Use "me". You don't sound less intelligent by saying "me". Come on people!

5. I've dyed my hair so many times in high school that I wore myself out and stick to my natural hair color now.

6. I get very itchy before I sleep. My roommate of college used to say "If I didn't hear you scratching in the middle of the night, I sometimes worried that you weren't alive." So I put on lotion a lot. My brother, on the other hand, grinds his teeth in his sleep so we have some pretty weird habits!

7. I hate cilantro. I cannot stand the taste. It ruined my experience tasting pho and I cannot stand salsa. Needless to say, I do not eat much Vietnamese or Mexican food.

8. I used to grow up getting a lot of compliments about how long my fingers were and how I had nice, long nails. I always thought it was weird, until I noticed everyone's short fingers/fingernails. I wish I actually used my hands for something worthwhile, like playing piano or guitar.

9. I do not care for music. No, literally. I just DO.NOT.CARE. Ironically, every person close to me loves music! They are just the most musically-inclined, talented people, who love to express themselves through instruments and singing. And every guy I have dated has been in a band, or was a worship leader. Weird.

10. Growing up, I loved drawing. I wanted to be an artist for the first two decades of my life (haha, I'm entering my third decade!) I was voted "Most Artistic" in Junior high and used to draw people pictures of Pokemon or DragonballZ which made me very popular and cool at school HAHAHHAA. Wow I was such a dork. I even drew pictures of friends too! I wanted to make my own cartoon series because I made up all these stories & characters in my head. I still have them stored up there. Growing up though, I became realistic and didn't think I would be able to do anything with that talent. The last time I drew was at a Winter Retreat for my fellowship at UCSB. I was taking care of the speaker's son, Drew, who was 5 years old. To keep his attention and for the sake of well behavior, I drew him a bunch of Disney characters and Winnie the Pooh and his dad was surprised by how well I could draw. I know that this talent will come in handy when I have my own kids one day.

11. As a kid, I had 4 pet birds, 2 pet fishies, 2 cats, and 6 dogs. After my parents divorced, I never had pets ever again. But having pets was such a great experience! My favorite dog was my first dog "Estee" who was a shepherd dog. He looked like an obese Lassie haha I want to have that as my first dog when I have my own family.

12. I am a cautious person. I am not attracted to extreme sports or adrenaline rushes. I think it's careless and I would rather play it safe than risk anything. I used to hate this aspect of my personality but I think American culture glorifies extreme and risky hobbies. No thank you!

13. I am an extremely light sleeper---I wake up to a feather falling down! This usually results in very restless or interrupted sleeps where I feel tired once I wake up. It's annoying and I wish I was a heavy sleeper. I really hope that my future husband does not snore!

14. Outside of the U.S. and Mexico, I have visited the Philippines and Hong Kong (for family). I have also been to Paris-France, Frankfurt-Germany, Swiss Alps-Switzerland, Prague-Czech Republic, Amsterdam-The Netherlands, and Rome-Italy. I instantly fell in love with Paris and if I am ever proposed to, I would love to be proposed to by the Eiffel Tower (nearly close to impossible, and while it's cheesy and cliche, I still think it's such a sweet setting! Oh Paris...) I really enjoyed Prague in the snow because of the grand castles and statues. Rome had the best food but it was pretty dirty because of the tourists, and I went to the Red Light District of Amsterdam and was super disturbed by the things I saw. Ironically, before you enter that district is a beautiful Gothic cathedral. My brother Billy got lost on his toboggan down the Swiss Alps and I cried because I thought he was lost forever and going to die! Thank God they found him. But on top of the Swiss Alps, the view made me feel like I was in heaven. I had never seen such a beautiful sight before.

15. Save the best for last! Sometimes, I imagine what it would be like once I see Jesus face-to-face, and my heart accelerates and stops beating all at the same time. To behold His glory, to see and experience such intimacy, to be in His arms and to be WITH Him physically and just ...I don't know. Words can't even describe it. In my mind- my sinful and fallen and tainted mind, this future experience would be amazing and overwhelming and breathtaking and just so good one could hardly take it all in! And I know that what my mind is imagining won't even come close to when it actually does happen. And then I think about every person in heaven right now, and how I would be able to meet all the men who wrote the books of the Bible inspired by the Holy Spirit, and all those martyrs... all of us praising God together. And I hope it's not too morbid, but I think about death a lot. I go about my day wondering, what if I died today? Or tomorrow? Would I have done something differently? Praise God for the hope I have in Him! I am so assured of where I am going after I die. It breaks my heart to know there are so many who do not have the same assurance. It pushes me to get out of my comfort zone and proclaim the gospel more to those around me.
____________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment